Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blue And Green Food

   All day today and yesterday there has been chaos in the store. In the Seattle area, it's a cheerful chaos, because people are all a-tither about the Seahawks and the Superbowl. And the grocery stores are all running out of blue and green food. I'm just sitting here like
    Not that I really hate football. Because I don't; I just don't care. I have never willingly watched any sport in my life. As a kid, I did have a short, short period where I played soccer. I kept getting in trouble for making daisy chains in the field while I was supposed to be doing more soccer-type stuff, like participating in the game. So needless to say, that was short-lived.
   But I don't hate football. And the boost for the economy in this area didn't hurt things. Everybody is having a Superbowl party, it seems, and all themed to the Seahawk colors. That means people are running about buying blue and green food that they never would have bought otherwise. I'm not kidding either. You know those Jelly Bellies from the bulk candy section? The most expensive candy in the bulk food section? I've had people buy a sack of that junk, and the sack has rang up at $50, and I am not kidding. I'm sitting here thinking, "What's in this junk to make it so expensive, crack???" And even more indicative of an addictive element, is that people will still by those dang jelly beans. But even more people will do a double-take of horror and demand that we take that crack-filled candy of their order unless they are made of gold or something.
   But this weekend, people have been buying those insidious little jelly beans without batting an eyelash, because you can just buy them in blue and green. Jelly Belly is making a whole new crowd of addicts. Seriously, you can buy alcohol and cigarettes for less. I don't get Jelly Belly, what's up?
   But back to business, people have also been a little more friendly these days. I have been invited to several Superbowl parties, from people who have not yet realized that I am an antisocial little troll. I don't hang out; I stay home. All my stuff is here, and while ya'll are all screaming at dudes chasing a ball, I am going to be playing Final Fantasy 13-2, because Final Fantasy 13-3 is fixing to come out, and I need to finish the second one before I can start the third. Due to the fact that I rarely find time to play, I often don't finish games. But I have to finish Final Fantasy!!! That's my game, you can keep your football.
    Of course, I do hope that the Seahawks win. I appreciate the extra business that they have brought my store's way. I also have a few friends who have been die-hard Seahawk fans forever, so it would be cool for them, and I like my friends to have things that they want. I just don't want to personally watch. So go Seahawks, but I am going to find something else to do, because to me, watching football is about as fun as watching paint dry. I can't be the only one that feels that way, right???

1 comment:

  1. This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

    Also visit my blog post ... Compact System Cameras

    ReplyDelete