Thursday, April 11, 2013

20 Reasons Why My Family Is Awesome

   My family is like any other family. We have our quirks, and we certainly have our differences, but at the end of the day, my family is my rock, the people who are there for me whenever the shit gets bad. They may look crazy to people who don't know them, but that is just the overflowing awesomeness that they can't contain. All families are unique, and here are some of the little things that make mine the batshit crazy, awesome-possum people that they are:
  1. My daughter and I can speak gibberish to each other, yet we will completely understand each other even though we aren't using words. 
  2. My seven year old niece's favorite movie character is Gollum from the Lord of the Rings, yet she is terrified of Honey Boo-Boo. 
  3. My mom is one of the most dedicated gamers I know. Game-on, Mom.
  4. My sister thinks that all alcohol tastes like tanning lotion, but loves to drink, which causes some really, really, really amusing events, especially since she thinks she has never been affected by alcohol, but in reality has a really low tolerance for hard liquor. 
  5. My bestie is also family to me, and I can count on her to always make me feel better, no matter what is going on. 
  6. My sister and I can find a way to laugh at anything, and often the people who listen to us will laugh too. Some of them might slowly back away from us while they are laughing, but they are laughing nonetheless. 
  7. My nephew, niece and daughter are three of the most creative people that I know. 
  8. My daughter doesn't mind when I go on an anime binge, and will sit and watch with me. She also watches Duck Dynasty with me with no complaints. 
  9. My mom and my daughter will both cover their eyes during previews for scary movies, causing me crazy amusement.
  10. My sister is always willing to have a scary movie night with me.
  11. Moving away from my mom and sister didn't pull us apart; we are always still doing things together. 
  12. My daughter likes sci-fi just as much as I do, so she is happy to have Farscape and Firefly marathons with me. 
  13. My family totally understands the fact that I can go into a bookstore and spend $100 in less than five minutes.
  14. My sister is perfectly willing to spend the evening planning ways to fortify our apartments for the zombie apocalypse. 
  15. My whole family understands the gaming drive, so when I go out and spend my extra money at Gamestop or Amazon, I never hear anything negative, I only get asked if the game I bought is any good.
  16. My 5 year old nephew has the memory of a goldfish, which can be really amusing or really annoying, depending on the situation.
  17. My whole family loves Greek food, so I always have a partner when I get the craving for it (which is often) including my daughter, who loves spanakopita (spinach pie).
  18. My daughter loves for me to suggest books for her to read because she says I pick out the best ones.
  19. We are all obsessed with Pokemon and Harvest Moon.
  20. Whenever something weird happens, my sis and I blame it on Katie (Paranormal Activity) or more recently, Mr. Boogie (Sinister). When we were kids, it was Bloody Mary. We will always do this, even when we are old, funky, and in nursing homes. 
   These are just some of the amusing, funny quirks that make my family unique and awesome, the perfect fit for me. We don't always get along, and we can annoy the hell out of each other, but if there is ever a problem, we ban together and fix it. Family is the people who always have your back, no matter how pissed off they are at you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment